The Pastoral Care Department at BMH-DeSoto is searching to fill the position of Associate Chaplain PRN (Weekends) that will be vacated in June 2022. The ideal candidate for this position would be someone who has experience in hospital visitation and pastoral care ministry. It can be an ordained minister or lay person. For anyone who may be interested, here is a description of the position: Associate Chaplain PRN (Weekends)
- To provide pastoral care on-call coverage on WEEKENDS ONLY after normal business hours (Friday, 5:00 p.m. through the following Monday, 8:00 a.m.) to meet the spiritual, emotional, and psychological needs of patients, guests, and colleagues in partial fulfillment of the mission of the institution.
- Be available, on an on-call basis from home, to meet the spiritual needs of patients, guests and colleagues.
- On-call hours are WEEKENDS ONLY from 5:00 p.m. Friday evening until 8:00 a.m. the following Monday morning every other weekend.
- Associate Chaplain PRN is available on Weekends ONLY and will respond promptly (within at least 30 minutes) when the need arises
- Provide pastoral care on-call coverage upon request for all patients, guests, and colleague requests as well as for all referrals.
- Hours worked while inside the hospital are paid at a higher rate (routine hours inside the hospital are available during the weekend)
Minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (preferably including coursework in Biblical Studies, Pastoral Care, Psychology, Counseling, Sociology.
Must have some experience in providing pastoral care acquired through work in the local church, previous service as a volunteer chaplain, or other related ministries.
Must have excellent communication and public relations skills. Must be able to provide compassionate care to those in need regardless of religious, ethnic, or socio-economic background.
(This is not a part-time weekend position that pays 40 hours for working the weekend; there has been some confusion around this in the past with this position)
Thank you for your time and attention to this information.
Steve Edmonds at 662-772-4258 or email@example.com