A Word From The Executive Director Of Missions

Dr. Mitch Martin, Executive Director Of MissionsAugust 2020, Vol. 16, Issue 5

“Churches will close!”

That’s what was said when COVID-19 struck. Those voices were mistaken. Churches are strong, tougher than rusty barbed-wire. Recent months have shown us that God’s people remain faithful, pastors skillfully lead, and the gospel march continues.

I am proud of our MSBA churches. I salute all of the pastors and congregations. Seriously, you are to be commended. Thank you for being faithful.

Please take a moment to examine the enclosed financial report. It is heart-warming to see churches give to local missions even in a pandemic.

This newsletter highlights some of our events during the COVID-19 pandemic. By wearing masks, social distancing, and practicing good hygiene we believe we can cautiously proceed with some of our events. However, the Harvest Festival scheduled for September has been cancelled.

Our Executive Board will meet on August 31. This meeting will be at Colonial Baptist Church, 1503 Colonial Rd, Memphis, 38117. We will provide a Chick-fil-A box lunch to all who sign-up. Lunch starts at 11:30 am and the program begins at noon. To register, call or email the association office at 901-373-6161 or donna@midsouthbaptist.com. If you haven’t met our new Administrative Assistant, Donna Wilbanks, please take a moment to get acquainted.

Donna comes to us from the Lawrence County Association of Baptists where she served as Administrative Assistant for six years. Donna’s husband Clayton is the Associate & Worship Pastor at Leawood Baptist Church. Welcome Donna! We are glad to have you on the team.

We are tentatively planning for the Marriage Retreat. Church leaders, you definitely need to send your pastor and wife to this get-away. Show them how much you appreciate them.

The Together Marriage retreat is scheduled for February 11-13, 2021. Registration opens September 1 and is limited to the first 75 couples who register. A non-refundable deposit of ($110.00) secures your place. The remaining $110.00 is due by December 1. The initial deposit and the remaining cost is 25% of the retreat cost. The association covers the remaining 75%.

Pastors, I would like to send a letter to your Chairman of Deacons, asking the church to pay your way. Please send us his contact information. If you are hesitant, take a moment to speak with someone who attended this year’s retreat.

Ron Roy has been hard at work planning some wonderful Focus Church events for this fall. Pastors be sure and put Focus Church dates on your calendar.